We are currently seeking an:
Expert Writing Consultant
Untold Content, LLC is seeking a full-time expert writing consultant with experience crafting a wide range of web and print publications and proposals. If you are an experienced writer in professional communication and organizational storytelling, and feel that you would thrive in a startup environment, please apply.
Advanced degree (MA or PhD) in rhetoric, composition, technical or professional writing, or other related field
Or Bachelor’s degree in rhetoric, composition, technical or professional writing, or related field with 2+ years of professional experience
Preference will be given to candidates who reside in or are willing to locate to Cincinnati, Ohio, since our client base is growing to include local businesses. Some work might be completed virtually.
- Expertise in writing, storytelling and creatively developing content and publications for a wide range of audiences, especially among professional, technical, and medical/healthcare industries
- Experience in researching and writing grant proposals, RFP proposals, and other fundraising strategies
- Experience in project management, setting deadlines, working collaboratively in teams, managing team and client expectations, and solving problems with creative and strategic content solutions
- Knowledge of qualitative research methods, including literature reviews, thematic analysis, mixed methods study design, interdisciplinary peer-reviewed publication development, and interview techniques
- Knowledge of or interest in content marketing, including social media content and copywriting (knowledge of SEO a plus)
- Experience with document design (knowledge of user-centered design or user experience a plus)
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google Docs, Dropbox, and Trello
- Passion for thought-generation and the translation of information to a wide range of audiences who will benefit from clear, compelling storytelling
- Enthusiastic, start-up mentality
- Design, develop, write, and edit web and print publications, including but not limited to literature reviews, grant proposals, research reports, peer-reviewed publications, books, policy documents, user guides, infographics, press releases, website copy, blog posts, social media, and marketing materials.
- Craft compelling narratives that accurately and engagingly represent our clients’ innovations and insights.
- Develop content strategies that align web and print publications with our clients’ organizational goals and missions.
- Maintain understanding of client objectives, end users, and audience awareness.
- Communicate with Subject Matter Experts to ensure all needs are met at the highest quality.
- Facilitate the production and revision of written deliverables through collaborative approaches to writing.
- Collaborate with internal team members to develop content strategies and systems (including templates, checklists, guides, and other resources).
Who We Are
Untold Content, LLC is a team of expert writers who collaborate together on thought-provoking projects that have nation-wide impacts. Our work includes initiatives related to healthcare innovation, thought leadership, systems engineering, chemical sciences, video production, arts and humanities, government contracts, grant writing and other interdisciplinary projects. You’ll collaborate with clients who are startup founders, software developers, scientists, engineers, physicians, pharmacists, healthcare executives, and other integrated project team members to craft documents and visuals read by diverse audiences, from executive leaders to technical experts, from front-line staff to the general public.
Our core purpose is to promote public intellectualism. We believe that knowledge should be shared, expertise can be translatable, and authenticity is recognizable even to non-experts.
The success of a young, “startup” company depends upon optimism, new learning, systems design, flexibility in roles, and a desire for growth. Our company is growing and we are excited to bring on new team members who share an enthusiastic, start-up mentality, a desire to learn new skills, and a hunger to apply their learning to interdisciplinary, industry work.
How to Apply
If you would like to collaborate on nationwide initiatives through creative and effective written communications, please provide a resume/CV, cover letter and writing portfolio to Lauren@UntoldContent.com. Your portfolio should be in the form of a PDF or online portfolio and feature the types of web and print deliverables listed in the job description above. We look forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team!