We are hiring! Scroll down to "Full-Time Opportunities" see job description and apply.
Join Our Network (Contracting Opportunities)
We also invite you to join our nationwide network of writers and subject matter experts for contracting opportunities. Click the link below to share your bio, resume, and writing samples. You'll need a Google account to submit the form.
Expert Writing Consultant
Untold Content is seeking a full-time expert writing consultant. If you are an experienced professional writer and feel that you would thrive in a startup environment, please apply.
- Expertise in writing and creatively developing content and publications for a wide range of audiences, especially among professional, technical, scientific, government and medical/healthcare industries
- Expertise in qualitative research methods, including literature reviews, thematic analysis, mixed methods study design, interdisciplinary peer-reviewed publication development, and interview techniques
- Experience in account management and project management, setting deadlines, working collaboratively in teams, managing team and client expectations
- Experience with document design (knowledge of user-centered design or user experience a plus)
- Passion for thought-generation and the translation of information to a wide range of audiences who will benefit from clear, compelling storytelling
- Ability to plan and strategize high-profile projects
- A persuasive and confident approach to content
- Effective team and project management capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing great relationships–in person and in virtual meetings
- Exceptional ability to listen, glean key takeaways, and craft narratives from the insights of experts across multiple disciplines
- Ability to recognize the impacts and outcomes of effective content
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google Drive (including Google Docs for collaborative document writing/editing; Google Sheets; Google Forms); project management software; qualitative coding software a plus (NVivo, Dedoose)
- Enthusiastic, flexible, business-driven, startup mentality
- Design, develop, write, and edit web and print publications, including but not limited to literature reviews, research reports, long-form articles, thought pieces, content strategies, peer-reviewed publications, books, policy documents, user guides, infographics, press releases, website copy, blog posts, social media, and marketing materials.
- Craft compelling narratives that accurately and engagingly represent our clients’ innovations and insights.
- Develop content strategies that align web and print publications with our clients’ organizational goals and missions.
- Communicate with Subject Matter Experts to translate ideas into impactful stories.
- Recommend content strategies and ideation at all levels of our clients’ organizations, from the ground level to the C suite.
- Facilitate the production and revision of written deliverables through collaborative approaches to writing.
- Collaborate with internal team members to develop content strategies, creative processes, and products (including templates, checklists, guides, ebooks, and other resources).
Advanced degree (MA or PhD) in rhetoric, composition, technical or professional writing, marketing, or other field with strong experience in writing and research
Or Bachelor’s degree in rhetoric, composition, technical or professional writing, marketing, or related field with 5+ years of professional experience
Ideally, candidate will reside in or be willing to locate to Cincinnati, Ohio. However, much of our work is done virtually, so tele-work is a possibility.
- We are optimistic, proactive critical thinkers.
- We hustle for our clients to deliver above and beyond their expectations. We are ridiculously useful.
- We produce high-value, evidence-based content and refuse to believe that writing is a dime-a-dozen.
- We are efficiency-minded, striving to develop systems for productive creativity.
- We don’t accept stagnation. Everyday we grow.
- We are passionate public intellectuals who believe that knowledge should be shared, that expertise can be translatable, and that authenticity is recognizable even to non-experts.
Who We Are
Untold Content is a writing consultancy for thought leaders and thought-leading organizations. We are a robust team of graduate-level researchers and writers who serve as trusted technical writers, researchers, and communicators for a variety of organizations, ranging from healthcare and government agencies to scientific companies and innovative tech startups. We collaborate together on thought-provoking projects that have global impacts. Think IDEO for content!
We write impactful and engaging deliverables, including research reports, journal articles, conference presentations, white papers, guidebooks, manuals and thought pieces. Our mission is to support subject matter experts in sharing their research, and help organizations strategically communicate their insights in ways that improve operations and accelerate thought leadership.
You’ll collaborate with clients who are startup founders, software developers, scientists, engineers, physicians, pharmacists, healthcare executives, and other integrated project team members to craft documents and visuals read by diverse audiences, from executive leaders to technical experts, from front-line staff to the general public.
Our core purpose is to promote public intellectualism. We believe that knowledge should be shared, expertise can be translatable, and authenticity is recognizable even to non-experts.
The success of a young, “startup” company depends upon optimism, new learning, systems design, flexibility in roles, and a desire for growth. Our company is growing and we are excited to bring on new team members who share an enthusiastic, start-up mentality, a desire to learn new skills, and a hunger to apply their learning to interdisciplinary, industry work.
How to Apply
If you would like to collaborate on nationwide initiatives through creative and effective written communications, please fill out this application form: https://goo.gl/forms/mSoHTlLGsNw4tAbI3 or click “Apply Now” below.
We will begin reviewing applications on Nov. 23rd, 2018. We look forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team!
- We will begin reviewing applications on November 23rd, 2018 (please submit your application materials the day before)
- We plan to make a job offer by December 21st, and hope our new team member can join the team ideally by January 2nd, 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.