Strategic Communication Messages for the Public
Equip the Wyoming Department of Health’s teams with the tools to effectively communicate the need and impact of prevention programs with internal and external stakeholders and the general public.
1-day in-person workshop on strategic communication with Prevention Program Teams
100% of participants agreed that the training increased creative and strategic communication as well as their awareness of the role of empathy in the communication process.
Training State Health Department to Craft Strategic Communication Messages that Resonate with Public
The Wyoming Department of Public Health needed training support to communicate the mission, effectiveness, and importance of its Substance Abuse Prevention Program to a variety of audiences. Using an audience-centered approach to content development, our consultants trained the team to identify strategic communication goals and increase confidence in delivering pitches and messages that aligned with their organizational mission. Our training featured hands-on, interactive exercises that teach best practices in crafting and pitching evidence-based narratives adapted for key audiences.
- Facilitate an interactive training on effective communication strategies for public health services.
- Provide Substance Abuse Prevention Program employees with skills and best practices to craft key messages and share the message with a variety of audiences.
In a 1-day workshop with Prevention Program Teams, we trained the teams on key components of strategic communication:
- Communicate the mission and priorities of the organization in clear and concise ways
- Identify audience needs and priorities to craft impactful messages
- Craft rhetorically effective messages that are clear, concise, and actionable
- Frame communications to meet targeted audiences’ expectations and needs
The Results of the Partnership
This training empowered the Wyoming Public Health employees to effectively communicate the mission and priorities of their organization, and provided them with the skills they needed to target the right audiences with the right message, through the right mediums.
of participants either strongly agreed or agreed that the training increased creative and strategic communication
believed it increased their awareness of the role of empathy in the communication process
|The Wyoming Department of Health promotes, protects, and enhances the health of all Wyoming citizens. The Wyoming Department of Health Prevention Program team members were seeking strategies to effectively communicate need and impact to leadership, legislative bodies, and the general public. Untold Content’s 1-day training focused on persona mapping, creating empathy, steering conversations, and crafting impactful messaging.|
- Equip the Wyoming Department of Health’s teams with the tools to effectively communicate the need and impact of prevention programs with internal and external stakeholders, including organizational leadership, legislature, and the general public.
- 1-day workshop on strategic communication with Prevention Program Teams.
- Training explored key components of strategic communication: Audience Awareness, Empathy, Bias, Alignment, Framing Conversations and Messaging.
- Workshop activities included persona mapping, delivery practice, review of “epic examples” and feedback on past and present conversations with audiences.
- 100% of participants either strongly agreed or agreed that the training increased creative and strategic communication, and 100% believed it increased their awareness of the role of empathy in the communication process. The teams requested additional training that brings together additional divisions and program managers.